Verges and Crossovers

Application Information

How to submit an application: 

  1. Fill out an application
  2. Take a photo of the involved area for the application
  3. Make a payment - you can do so at the Town of Cottesloe, or call and pay over the phone
  4. Applications will be approved within 5-7 working days

A Work Zone Permit is required for the installation of a crossover or verge landscaping.

Work Zone Application - Online Form

Verge Crossover Applications

A Verge Crossover Application form is used when a crossover (i.e. driveway) is to be constructed. If you intend to build a new crossover or

replace an old crossover a Verge Crossover Application Form needs to be submitted and a fee of $179.00 is required to be paid on submission.

General crossover specifications can be viewed by clicking here. Specific crossover specifications for asphalt, brick paving and concrete can be accessed below:

Crossover Specifications - Asphalt and Brick Paving

Crossover Specifications - Concrete

Crossover Management Policy

Contact the Engineering team for further information on 9285 5000 or email

Verge Landscaping Applications

With the need for our gardens to become more sustainable and waterwise the Town of Cottesloe encourages residents to utilise waterwise plants and practices within their gardens. The replacement of lawn verges with garden beds planted with local species is being encouraged.

Works that are undertaken within the road reserve, between the property boundary and the edge of the road in front of a privately owned property, are required to have Council approval. To apply to undertake your work, please apply online here or send an email to describing your proposal and include a plan of the works. 

Road Verge Landscaping Application Assessment Fee $205

Applications must be submitted at least 10 working days prior to commencement of works. 

Any further queries please contact the Town on 9285 5000

Related Documents

Residential Verges Policy - August 2012

Native Waterwise Verge Rebate

Road Open Permit

Road Open Permit

The Town of Cottesloe has a process to follow when applying for a road open permit. Please click here for information.

Residential and Recreational Verge Play Equipment

Residential and Recreational Verge Play Equipment Application Form

At the June 2022 Ordinary Meeting, Council adopted a Management Protocol for Play Equipment on Street Verges and Attached to Street Trees. A copy of this document can be found at