Building Applications 

Information for Applicants

Prior to lodging your building application we recommend contacting the Town of Cottesloe for any clarifications, questions and to streamline the process. The lodging process itself includes an interview with the Town, a meeting with a building surveyor to discuss your plans, and to gather and submit applications and documents. Staff can guide you with certificates of design instruction applications and Building Site Inspections. 

Building Application Checklist

Building Permit Applications

Application for Subdivision Clearance Form

All Building Application Forms are available on the WA Building Commission website.

If you have trouble completing the application form, please contact the Town's Development and Regulatory Services staff on 9285 5000.

Building Permit Application Fees

To view the relevant Building Permit Application fees, please refer to the Building Commission website.

Building Plan Search Request

To request copies of building plans, a Building Plan Search Application must be submitted with applicable fees paid.

Please note that if you are not the current owner of the property, you will need to provide written authorisation from the owner before the Town can release any plans. Written authorisation is required from each property owner or the Body Corporate for multi-dwelling units. 

Please note that this request may take up to 10 working days.

Building Plan Search Request

Work Zone Application

For any activity which obstructs part of a thoroughfare, which includes roads, verges, footpaths or parking bays, a Work Zone Permit is required under the Town's Activities on Thoroughfares and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Local Law. This aids the efficiency and safer operation of maintenance, development and construction activity.

Work Zone Application - Online Form

Work Zone Application - PDF


Sign Licence Application

For most publicly visible signage a Sign Licence Application is usually required. More information is provided in the Town's Local Laws and the below Sign Licence Application. 

Sign Licence Application


Infrastructure Bond Refund Application

To apply for an Infrastructure Bond Refund a BA7 Notice of Completion of Works (under Notices on the Building Commission website) - Form BA7: Notice of Completion and an Infrastructure Bond Refund Form must be completed and submitted to

Once the forms have been submitted to the Town, the Town's Works Supervisor will inspect the property to confirm there is no damage to the verge and/or footpath. On confirmation, the form is then passed to the Accounts Department for processing.

Infrastructure Bond Refund Application

Related Documents:

Demolition and Development Information for Adjoining Property Owners